Please disable your adblock and script blockers to view this page

Chrome cant' skip through webms?

UserMessage
haibai886
user

Yeah, so any webms won't let me skip through sections of the video. If I click it just puts the playhead back to where it currently was. I checked on Firefox and it doesn't have this issue. The webm issue only happens on this site. It happens on both my computers with Chrome. I think it has something to do with the webm player and not the site itself, but it's obvious chrome isn't playing nice with this site's webm compatibility(for me at least).
haibai886
user

So no one else has this issue?
Uiridium_Chimera
user

Yes I have the same issue.

I noticed it only applies to EMBEDDED webm's though. Meaning if you right click on the video and select "open in new tab" then you can seek anywhere in the video just fine...
asdfasdf
user

Same thing here. You gotta open it in a new tab.
haibai886
user

Opening in a new tab doesn't really solve it for me. If the webm is like 30seconds or so, it won't work, but for shorter loops it does. It has something to do with having to load the whole webm beforehand before allowing scrubbing?
Uiridium_Chimera
user

If you really can't fix it, then just download the video and play it locally.
haibai886
user

Damn, that's a pain in the ass, it's only for Chrome as well, Firefox works fine but I like Chrome too much.
asdfer1234
user

Yeah, Chrome seems to have issues with some WebMs... or maybe all WebMs.

Anyway here is a solution:Very bottom left of the web page (sometimes requiring scrolling down all the way) there is a button (Image Only). Click that and Control-S or Command-S then view on VLC Player or something.
First | Prev | Random | Next | Last
<< 1 >>