Webm Playback Help
- WebM is an open media file format designed for the web. WebM files consist of video streams compressed with the VP8 video codec and audio streams compressed with the Vorbis audio codec. The WebM file structure is based on the Matroska media container.
How to Play
- Webm should play just fine on Google Chrome and Firefox if not make sure you have the latest updated version of each browser. For Internet Explorer if there not playing go to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/webmmf/ and install that come back and refresh the video your trying to watch.
Firefox Video Lagging Fix
- Open Firefox and type in “about:config” (without the “) in the Address Bar and hit Enter.
Type in “session” in the “Filter” line at the top of the list.
Find “browser.sessionstore.interval” and double click it. The 10000 milliseconds (equals 10 seconds) is the interval in which Firefox keeps saving your session in case of a crash; same amount of time between video lags.
Change it to something different. 120000 equals 2 minutes, 300000 equals 5 minutes or something else you desire. I went with 600000 (10 minutes), because I don’t particularly care about session saving.
Chrome Video Loop
- Refresh the page your trying to view it should loop just fine.
Webm for Mobile (Android)
- Firefox mobile plays webm files now download it here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mozilla.firefox&hl=en
What is Webm?